When you make a purchase through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, which helps us keep the lights on at Keefe Memorial.
Looking to reduce joint pain, strengthen your connective tissues, and improve overall joint health? Here’s our guide to the 3 of the best joint supplements in 2023.
Joint supplements are food supplements that improve the comfort and function of your joints by promoting flexibility, repairing cartilage, and protecting your joints from damage caused by inflammatory enzymes and other factors that cause tissue breakdown over time.
All of the supplements in this guide have been thoroughly researched to ensure they are safe, effective, and free of any side effects or questionable ingredients.
Our criteria for picking the best joint supplements include:
- 100% researched ingredient profile
- Natural pain relief
- Ligament & tendon support
- Flexibility & mobility improvement
- Healthy for daily use
- Protection from joint breakdown caused by aging
- Company reputation & trust
After reviewing over 30 popular joint supplements in the past year, we’ve narrowed our list down to three final contenders – these are what we can recommend if you want to experience natural and safe joint pain relief, along with overall improvement in joint flexibility.
1. Physio Flex Pro – Best Overall
Physio Flex Pro is a highly effective joint supplement made by a specialist U.K. company, SRS Nutra. It’s been getting a lot of positive attention online, and after checking it for ourselves, we can say it’s currently one of the best supplements you can buy for joint mobility and comfort on the market.
Physio Flex Pro ticks all of our boxes when it comes to;
- Ingredient quality and effective dosages
- Potency at reducing pain, inflammation, and stiffness
- Safe and clean-quality formula
Inside Physio Flex Pro there are 8 active ingredients. Each one has its purpose, and each is backed by scientific evidence in terms of fighting arthritis symptoms. Physio Flex Pro has no harmful fillers or synthetic junk, making the formula healthy for long-term use.
The dosages are on point, as well. These include the 4 key ingredients Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate, MSM, Turmeric, and BioPerine. These work together to produce a relief from joint aches, pain, and chronic inflammation, while also protecting your ligaments and tendons from destruction.
The ingredients in Physio Flex Pro have efficiently absorbed thanks to its easy-to-digest formula, and the risk of any stomach upset is low. In the rare case it does happen, we recommend taking Physio Flex Pro with a large meal to avoid this issue.
Every one of the 8 ingredients in Physio Flex Pro has its purpose; each one is backed by robust clinical evidence. Physio Flex Pro has no harmful fillers or unnecessary junk, making the formula clean and healthy for everyday use.
As mentioned, Physio Flex Pro has excellent reviews. It is backed by specialists and orthopedic physiotherapists such as Dr. Kavita who specialized in musculoskeletal recovery.
While Physio Flex Pro is not cheap, you get what you pay for, with no corners cut by SRS Nutra. For the price of $2.06 per day, we’re inclined to agree with other positive testimonials – Physio Flex Pro is worth looking into if you’re able to afford it.
What We Like
- 8 natural ingredients shown to lower joint pain, enhance flexibility, and heal cartilage
- Safe & clean formula
- Made in the gold-standard cGMP- and FDA-approved facilities in the United States
- Excellent reviews; backed by professionals
What We Don’t Like
- Only available at Physioflexpro.com
- A bit expensive
Interested in Physio Flex Pro?
2. Performance Lab Flex – Best for Active Individuals
Coming in second place is Performance Lab Flex by Opti-Nutra from the U.K. You’d be forgiven for thinking that it’s inferior to our number one. Flex is arguably the cleanest-quality joint supplement you’ll find on the market.
It contains patented nutrients developed by Opti-Nutra’s in-house technology. The ingredients in Flex are extremely safe, well-studied, and dosed for light and consistent effects, making it ideal for taking daily without breaks.
You can expect the following benefits from Performance Lab Flex:
- Improved connective tissue lubrication (less squeaking and creaking)
- Improved shock absorption and protection of joints during exercise
- Faster joint recovery
- Reduced aches and inflammation
- Improved flexibility and motility
Note that it might take a couple of months before you notice these benefits from Flex. The reason is that it takes time for cartilage and joint tissue to heal and for chronic inflammation to be tamed effectively. Having said that, you may start to notice benefits a lot sooner – it depends on the individual.
Performance Lab Flex contains the following active ingredients.
- AprèsFlex® Boswellia Serrata
- CurcuWIN® Curcumin, 250 mg
- Glucosamine Sulfate 2KCI
- Mythocondro® Chondroitin Sulfate
- OptiMSM® Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
- NutriGenesis® Strontium
The ingredients in Performance Lab Flex are natural and as pure as it gets. The formula is highly bioavailable, quickly absorbable, and easy to digest, thanks to the 100% fermented tapioca fiber that the capsules are made of.
Obviously, such a high-quality formula raises the production costs for the company, which is the main reason Performance Lab Flex is second on our list.
However, if you’re looking for the maximum impact joint supplement, and the price is not a problem, get your hands on the supply of Flex.
What We Like
- 6 patented, science-backed ingredients
- Dosed for maximum effectiveness
- Has unique effects such as shock & impact absorption
- Clean and safe
- Helps to diminish joint pain
- Awesome bulk-buy discounts
What We Don’t Like
- Steep price
- Only available directly from Performancelab.com
Interested in Performance Lab Flex?
3. ProJoint Plus – The Least Expensive Option
ProJoint Plus is a simplistic and more of a budget-friendly joint supplement made by VitaPost from the U.S.
ProJoint Plus contains some of the basic ingredients we look for in a good joint supplements. Turmeric, MSM, glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM are all included in the formula, and should lead to a reduction in pain and inflammation.
While ProJoint Plus is definitely not the most advanced joint formula we’ve seen, it should give you some slight results such as an improvement in flexibility and joint comfort.
The main reason why it’s not higher on our list is that its ingredient dosages are on the lighter end of the spectrum. For example, ProJoint Plus contains only 25mg of MSM, whereas our number one joint supplement contains 100mg. This means that the benefits you will get from ProJoint Plus might not be on the same level as other options in this guide.
However, for the price of $52.95 for a 30-day supply, we expected a bit more. It’s only a little less expensive than the top two options but its formula screams “budget-friendly.” That said, ProJoint Plus is still better than many joint supplements on the market today, which is why it made the final cut.
- Combats chronic joint pain
- Simple and straightforward ingredient formula
- The least expensive option of the three
- Could benefit from adding other proven joint health ingredients, such as Boswellia Serrata and Bromelain.
- Some key ingredients are underdosed
Interested in ProJoint Plus?